LAKELAND, FL (September 26, 2013) -- Starting in October downtown Lakeland will soon see a new type of metering system in the parking lot at Munn Park and Lot D located at 200 N. Kentucky Avenue. The pay by space meters are solar powered and they make paying for parking more convenient than ever. The new pay by space meters accept nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar bills but they also accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit and debit cards.
The pay by space meters are now installed. However, they won’t go live until the morning of October 7th and during the first week of operation, warning citations will be issued to those that receive violations in the two pay by space lots. Enforcement will begin October 14th. It must be noted that traditional coin operated meters located in other parking lots will continue to be enforced during the one week grace period. The grace period only pertains to the pay by space systems located at Munn Park lot and Lot D.
At each pay by space meter location there are "Pay Here" signs that direct patrons where to pay for their parking. When using the pay by space meter, a visitor needs to enter the assigned parking space number into the meter along with the method of payment.
Pay Here Meter Directions
1. Park your vehicle and note the number located at the rear of each parking space
2. Proceed to Pay by Space meter
3. Pay for desired time (coin, cash, credit/debit)
4. Note expiration time limit, once total desired time is paid
5. To extend your parking time, go to the pay by space machine
6. Enter your parking space number and choose the “Add Time” option
7. Select the additional amount of time needed and pay
8. Note expiration time limit, once total desired time is paid