We represent the Lakeland contingent of an international organization called Shimmy Mob. We joined this worldwide event three years ago. This year, we are in our fourth year with Shimmy Mob.
Shimmy Mob is a family-friendly performance of the selected belly dance choreography that is performed by thousands of dancers around the world on the same date.
With the objective of giving back to the community, the Shimmy Mob dance is performed by dancers worldwide on Saturday, May 13th, 2017.
- Raise awareness and funds for abused women’s and children’s shelters in the local participating communities. Locally, the Lakeland Shimmy Mob supports the Peace River Domestic Violence Shelter.
- Promote the art of belly dance.
Learn more at www.shimmymob.com and www.facebook.com/shimmymoblakeland.
Event Locations / Directions:
- 10:00 am Mayfaire (Lake Morton - Library)
- 11:45 am Hollis Gardens (Lake Mirror)
- 12:15 pm Munn Park (Downtown)
- 1:00 pm Bedrock Café (2064 E Edgewood Dr)
- 2:15 pm Fun Bike Center (1845 E Memorial Blvd.)
- 2:45 pm Mojo’s (1853 E Memorial Blvd.)
- 3:15 pm Hand’s Produce (802 N Combee Rd)