World-renowned leaders to speak to Lakeland Electric and City of Lakeland employees
On Friday, May 4, 2012, Lakeland Electric and City of Lakeland employees will gain access to the knowledge and experience of world-renowned leaders by attending Chick-fil-A Leadercast.
Chick-fil-A Leadercast is a one-day leader development event broadcast LIVE from Atlanta, Ga. to hundreds of sites throughout the nation, including Lakeland. Speakers for this year’s event include:
- Soledad O’Brien, Anchor and special correspondent for CNN
- Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback, Heisman Trophy winner and best-selling author
- Patrick Lencioni, Best-selling author and president of The Table Group
- John Maxwell, Leadership expert & best-selling author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
- Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry
- Roland Fryer, Professor of economics at Harvard University and CEO of the Education Innovation Laboratory
- Urban Meyer, ESPN analyst and former head football coach for the University of Florida
- Andy Stanley, Best-selling leadership author and communicator
- Sheena Iyengar, Author of “The Art of Choosing“ and world-renowned expert of choice
Thirty employees from various City departments will gather to participate in this interactive leadership development event. The selected employees are among the emerging leaders of the City of Lakeland and Lakeland Electric who may not have had opportunities for leadership training in the past.
“The Chick-Fil-A Leadercast supports our vision to become a values-driven high performing organization,” said Betsy Levingston, director of Training and Workforce Development for Lakeland Electric. “Our employees will gain a better understanding of how their choices impact others.”
We look forward to continuing the collaboration around the Chick-Fil-A materials to develop strong leaders.