CRYSTAL LAKE DRIVE BIKE LANE PROJECT
LAKELAND, FL (January 20, 2016) — The City of Lakeland will be installing new bike lanes on Crystal Lake Drive. The project will include widening Crystal Lake Drive to accommodate bike lanes in both directions as well as upgrades to the existing storm drain system. The project will impact Crystal Lake Drive from Lake Hollingsworth to New Jersey Road with construction starting in February. The project is scheduled to be completed in August and all construction is proposed within public right-of-way and easements that have already been acquired.
Eastbound (Lake Hollingsworth to New Jersey Road) traffic on Crystal Lake Drive will be closed for much of the construction duration. A westbound travel lane will allow access for residents and side streets will remain open throughout construction. Traffic desiring to travel eastbound from Lake Hollingsworth Road toward New Jersey Road or Bartow Road (US98) will be detoured north along Cleveland Heights Boulevard and east along Edgewood Drive.
The low bid for this project was $989,37.40. The scope includes the following:
· Widening of the existing roadway from Lake Hollingsworth Drive to Crystal Lake Drive (0.33 miles) to include bike lanes in both directions.
· Connecting the New Jersey Trail to the bike lanes on Lake Hollingsworth Drive.
· Signal and geometric improvements at Lake Hollingsworth Drive and Crystal Lake Drive.
· Upgrading of the aging existing storm sewer system.
· Relocation of the sidewalk on the north side of the road.
· Replacement of broken areas of sidewalk on the south side of the road.
· Saving the large oak trees on the south side of the road.
Phase Two of the project that will include bike lanes and sidewalk along Crystal Lake Drive from New Jersey Road to Bartow Road (US98) is planned to start immediately following the completion of Phase One. The tentative construction schedule for Phase Two has construction starting in July and ending in December 2016. More details will be provided in advance of construction. For more information on the Crystal Lake Drive bike lane project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information regarding the City of Lakeland, please visit www.lakelandgov.net. Become a fan of the City on Facebook by searching City of Lakeland, FL and follow the City on Twitter @lakelandgov. Fans and followers can stay informed and engaged about events, projects, services and City initiatives.