The City of Lakeland is pleased to announce the coming launch of ePlan, a web-based electronic and document workflow solution that allows customers and staff to initiate and complete the plan submission, review, markup, and approval process. Unlike the current paper-based system, ePlan brings potential savings and efficiencies, including:
- Submission of plans electronically from the customer's office, 24 hours a day / 365 days a year;
- Concurrent reviews of plans by all professional and trade disciplines;
- Reviewer markups made directly on the plans to provide direction and clarity as to any items which require correction;
- Resubmission of corrected and revised plans electronically, with overlay comparison tools easing subsequent reviews;
- Real-time return of approved, stamped plans once fees are paid.
When an applicant (architect, engineer, consultant, contractor, etc.) submits an application for a permit or project which requires drawings, ePlan will invite the applicant to upload the electronic plans and all relevant schedules and documents. City review staff will have simultaneous access to review the plans and mark them with corrections and comments affording clearer communication by and between staff and applicant. The applicant is notified of the changes requested and once made the plans are electronically resubmitted.
Ready to get started? So are we.
Beginning Monday, March 14, 2016, applicants for building permits, concept and site plan review, whether application is made in-person or througheTRAKiT, will be invited to upload their plans to ePlan once the application is received. The invitation will include login information and a link to the specific permit or planning project for which application was made. A wealth of assistance including step-by-step tutorials has been created and will be accessible through the ePlan system.
HAVE QUESTIONS? Don't hesitate to contact us!