COMMISSIONER PHILLIP WALKER ESTABLISHES PRAYER VIGIL
A TIME TO PRAY
LAKELAND CITY COMMISSIONER PHILLIP WALKER ESTABLISHES PRAYER VIGIL
LAKELAND, FL (July 19, 2013) -- Commissioner Phillip Walker has reached out to the faith community and has put together a prayer vigil with area pastors called A Time to Pray that will take place in Munn Park on Thursday, July 25th at 7:30 a.m. RAIN OR SHINE. Walker said, “I am asking that we come together as a community as we seek guidance through these critical situations that have been brought to the surface. We need to pray for our City and for our citizens as we work together to heal our community.”
A Time to Pray will be lead by Commissioner Walker and will feature area places of worship who have been contacted to appear at the event. Several places of worship were contacted and at this time three have confirmed their participation with more expected. Those that have confirmed include:
- Pastor David McEntire from First United Church of Lakeland
- Pastor E.T. PickettIII of Word Alive Ministries inLakeland
- Richard Richardson of New Bethel A.M.E.
- Steve Davis, Executive Pastor, First Baptist Church at the Mall
- Mike Cooper, Executive Director The Dream Center
- Father Caulfield, Retired Parish Leader for St. Joseph Catholic Church
- Representative from both Temple Emmanuel
Walker said, “We are all questioning the issues facing the Lakeland Police Department and I can tell you that we have some great people working for us who put their life on the line every day for our safety. We are working through the issues and we are determined to let those go who have disgraced our City. He added, “I invite the community to meet us in Munn Park even if you don’t believe in the power of prayer as we embrace unity and guidance for our City.”
For more information, please contact Commissioner Phillip Walker at 863/698-8094.