At the City Commission meeting held on Monday, May 2nd, 2011, the Public Works Department made a presentation about the City’s efforts to comply with the American’s with Disabilities Act.
Beautification awards were presented to the owners of 4504 Sugartree Dr. E (residential) and 2015 E. Edgewood Dr. (Commercial)
- The Rotary Club presented a check for the Common Ground park fund.
- The Detroit Tigers made a contribution to the Sunflower Playground fund.
- The City Manager awarded Robert Legg, of the Public Works Department.
- Employee Service Awards were presented to:
10 Years of Service
Christopher Anderson, Jeffery Burse, Tim Corbett, Richard Cox Jr., James Dehne, Cynthia Hicks ,Stephen Justice, Christopher Patterson, Amy Williams, Judy Austin, Herman Collins, Lisa Hodges, Pam Page, Luther Potter and Teno Surjada.
20 Years of Service
30 Years of Service
Craig Heller,Walter Clayton and David Smith.
35 Years of Service
Proclamations were presented for:
Electrical Safety Month, Historic Preservation Month, Letter Carriers Food Drive Day, National Public Works Week, National Salvation Army Week, Nurses Week and Pregnancy Prevention Awareness Month.
The Teen Pregnancy Prevention Alliance made a presentation about preventing teen pregnancy.
The City Commission Approved a voluntary annexation at Medulla Rd. and Hamilton Rd.
Also approved was the creation of a large demand, interruptible, electric service rate and a re-use water supply agreement in conjunction with a new private project that also includes the sale of City land on Combee Rd., North of the McIntosh power plant.
A public hearing was held on a Development Agreement for the Gateway Commons project, a retail shopping center planned for US 98 N, and Crevasse St. An additional public hearing will be held at the next City Commission meeting.
Assessments, for lot clearing activities, totaling over $21,000, were approved against : 1030 Neville Av., 1048 N. Lincoln Av., 1105 King Av., 1106 N. Vermont Av., 1127 N. Lake Av., 1134 E. Edgewood Dr., 1148 Oakhill St., 1207 E. Myrtle St., 1219 E. Myrtle St., 1374 Kathleen Rd., 1407 Emory Dr.,1428 Kathleen Rd., 1429 E. Elm Rd., 1502 Fairbanks St., 1761 W. Chase St., 1815 Cordova Cr. W., 1904 W. Walnut St., 1907 W. Walnut St., 2060 W. Elliott St., 210 Plum St., 212 W. 10th St., 2132 W. Lanier St.,214 W. 9th St.,2140 W. Lanier St., 220 Tarawa St., 220 Tarawa St., 2610 Mall Hill Dr., 2809 Berkeley Av., 3118 N. Florida Av., 315 Bassedena Cr. N., 318 Twin Lakes Cr., 336 W. 7th St., 340 Santiago Ct., 341 Santiago Ct., 403 W. Carver St., 409 Hennessee St., 414 N. Chestnut Rd., 4410 Selkirk Ln. E., 5020 Spanish Oaks Bl., 504 Carroll Av., 511 W. 5th St., 517 W. Carver St., 519 Emma St., 602 W. 6th St., 606 W. 6th St., 610 W. 6th St., 625 W. 9th St., 625 W. Robson St., 630 W. 12th St., 635 W. 8th St., 643 W. 11th St., 659 W. 10th St., 708 E. Myrtle St., 717 W. Memorial Bl., 718 W. 7th St., 721 W. Memorial Bl., 733 Hull St., 830 W. Crawford St., 832 W. Crawford St., 910 S. Missouri Av., 920 W. 2nd St., and 979 Lk Hollingsworth Dr.
Assessments at 3510 N. Florida Av. Were postponed to the next meeting.
Recommendations from the City Manager for the purchase of a backup generator, and ground handling equipment for the Lakeland Linder Airport, a new roof on the
Purchasing building and the helicopter insurance for the LPD helicopter were approved.
In Final Action, Public Hearings were announced for the next City Commission meeting on :
- Temporary Employee Parking for Approximately 40 Vehicles on Vacant Property Located at 320 Cannon Street.
- 715 North Lake Avenue to be Used as a 20-Bed Residential Behavioral Healthcare Treatment Facility
- Public and Institutional land use at S.R.33 and Huron Way.
- Small lot office zoning on at 3704 Kathleen Rd.
- Zoning to Allow a Mixed Use Regional Shopping Center (Gateway Commons) Located Northwest of Interstate 4, East of North Road 98 and North of Crevasse Street.
- And Proposed Changes to Sign Regulations to Allow Projecting Signs within the Downtown Commercial and Munn Park Historic Zoning Districts.