US 98 Resurfacing Project from Fletcher Park at Lake Bonny to Lemon Street
Crews are working on a Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) project to resurface US 98 (Bartow Road) from south of Dreadnaught Drive/Fletcher Park at Lake Bonny to north of Lemon Street in Lakeland.
Weather permitting; the project should finish this summer.
Work to be completed:
- Remove existing asphalt and repave
- Add ADA detectable warning surface to sidewalk curb ramps at side street intersections
- Adjust manholes within the work zone
- Modify traffic separators at Hollingsworth Road/Lake Parker Avenue, Walnut Street and Ingraham Avenue to allow more
room at the median openings
- Upgrade traffic signal equipment
- Add additional school zone signs
Traffic changes during construction:
- Paving will be done at night.
- Lane closures are not allowed from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Posted speed limits will remain the same.
- Speeding fines double in active construction zones.
Questions about the project can be answered by Sandra Mancil, Public Information Officer. She can be reached at 863-519-4116 or email@example.com