The City of Lakeland has received additional federal Coronavirus relief funds that will be used to provide homeowners with mortgage payment assistance. The funds are available to homeowners having difficulty paying their mortgage after March 1, 2020 due to the impacts of COVID-19. Assistance payments will be paid directly to the applicant's Mortgage Company for qualified applicants that meet the following:
- Must be City of Lakeland resident (County residents eligible for Polk County program);
- Must have verifiable loss of income related to COVID-19 impacts, i.e. job loss, health, etc.;
- Eligible household income capped at 120% AMI, adjusted for family size (for example: $70,560 for a family of four); and
- Maximum award of three (3) month’s mortgage, rent and/or utilities, or $5,000, whichever occurs first.
Mortgage and Utility Assistance - How to Apply
Applicants for mortgage and utility assistance will apply directly through Keystone Challenge.
To receive an application package or inquire about the mortgage relief program:
- Call 863.682.1025, extension 4, or
- Email email@example.com
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Visit KeystoneChallenge.org for more information
Applicants may apply for both mortgage assistance AND utility assistance via the applications to Keystone (mortgage assistance) and through the CARE Program website.
Applicants for rent and/or utility assistance will continue to apply through the City’s online CARE application.