To promote positive interaction between the youth in the community and the Lakeland Police Department using educational and recreational activities directed through a variety of youth programming.
The goal of Lakeland Police Athletic League (PAL) is to provide enriching programs for the youth of the community that are FUN and will INSPIRE them to learn and practice the values of sportsmanship, scholarship, and physical fitness. Lakeland PAL achieves its goal by:
• Bringing area youth members closer together through a common interest in athletic competition
• Providing supervised, organized, and safety-oriented learning environments
• Providing the opportunity to practice and play free from pressure to “win at all costs”
• Using volunteers whose goals support the Lakeland Police Athletics League’s philosophy
• Encouraging parent involvement, which includes support of the program and helping officers, coaches and participants
Your child’s participation in the many Lakeland PAL programs means they will be guided by dedicated coaches, mentors and volunteers who are committed to a philosophy of building a better future for the youth of our community in Lakeland. While participating in any of the PAL programs, youths will interact with positive role models who instill good health habits, sportsmanship, civic standards, values and ethics, and social and leadership skills in the youth of our community.