A Special Event requiring the use of public property within the city limits of Lakeland requires a permit. A special event is a planned activity by a group on city property such as a block party, parade, race, festival, etc.
Obtain a Permit
You will be required to:
- You may need to obtain additional authorization for your Special Event from the City of Lakeland, City Hall.
- Provide proof of insurance coverage for your Special Event
- In some cases, contract to employ LPD police personnel for "extra-duty detail" work*
- The completed application MUST BE RETURNED NO LATER THAN 30 BUSINESS DAYS preceding the event. There are to be no exceptions.
- ALL pages of the application must be completed.
- You may return the application in person or by mail.
- *If hiring police personnel please ensure the application is notarized prior to returning it.
Download the Application Package
We are now accepting all Special Event Permit Applications at the Parks & Recreation Rental Office at the Lake Mirror Complex.
Lake Mirror Complex
121 S. Lake Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33801
E-mail application as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
For additional information, please call 863.834.2280.