A Special Event requiring the use of public property within the city limits of Lakeland requires a permit. A special event is a planned activity by a group on city property such as a block party, parade, race, festival, etc.
Obtain a Permit
You will be required to:
- You may need to obtain additional authorization for your Special Event from the City of Lakeland, City Hall.
- Provide proof of insurance coverage for your Special Event
- In some cases, contract to employ LPD police personnel for "extra-duty detail" work*
- To best protect the community and event organizers during the COVID-19 Pandemic, Event Organizers are required to submit an “Action Plan” along with the Special Event Permit Application using the CDC Guidelines for Events and Gatherings as a guide, COVID-19 Action Plan.
- The completed application MUST BE RETURNED NO LATER THAN 30 BUSINESS DAYS preceding the event. There are to be no exceptions.
- ALL pages of the application must be completed.
- You may return the application in person or by mail.
- *If hiring police personnel please ensure the application is notarized prior to returning it.
Download the Application Package
Downtown event planners, if you are closing roads, we suggest you provide the effected business with this Special Event - Leave-Behind for Businesses-Residences.
For events that will need Police Assistance, please fill out the Extra Duty Detail Agreement in addition to the Special Event Permit Application.
We are now accepting all Special Event Permit Applications at the Parks & Recreation Rental Office at the Lake Mirror Complex.
Lake Mirror Complex
121 S. Lake Avenue
Lakeland, FL 33801
E-mail application as an attachment to email@example.com.
For additional information, please call 863.834.2280.