Paper and Flattened Cardboard
The rule of thumb with paper recycling is, if you can tear it you can recycle it.
Paper consists of:
- Office paper, any color
- Old mail including envelopes
- Magazines and catalogs
- Paperboard like cereal boxes, shoe boxes, gift boxes, etc.
- Clean pizza boxes
- Flattened cardboard boxes (remove all non-paper packaging)
- Rolls from paper towels and toilet paper (remove the tissue paper from roll before recycling)
Paper that is not recyclable:
- Mylar paper (shiny paper like gift bags)
- Paper containers with food stuck to it
- Greeting cards with glue or glitter on them
- Tissue paper, napkins, toilet paper and paper towels