The Lakeland Buildings collection consists of architectural plans and drawings for more than sixty commercial and residential structures in Lakeland, dating to 1908. Some of the structures are no longer standing, but many are still part of the city sky line. More than twenty of these designs were done by Wlibur B. Talley, one of Lakeland and Florida's foremost designers of public buildings.
Designs for buildings that no longer exist include those for the Lake Mirror Power Plant, the Morrell Memorial Hospital, the "Colored" Auditorium, and the Ledger Building that used to stand on the corner of East Main Street and Massachusetts Avenue. Designs for still standing buildings include those for the Park Trammell Building, Cleveland Court Elementary School, the Lake Mirror Promenade, the Magnolia Building and Bryant Stadium.
A complete list of building plans is available in the Special Collections unit.