City Home  > Library Special Collections >Manuscripts > Businesses > Lakeland Regional Medical Center

LAKELAND REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, RG4300, 1912-2003

Scope and Content Note


Morrell Memorial Hospital on Lakeland Hills Blvd.

Lakeland Regional Medical Center began as Morrell Memorial Hospital in 1916. The name was changed to Lakeland General Hospital in 1959 and then to Lakeland Regional Medical Center in 1982. The above picture of the 1926 Morrell Memorial Hospital located on Lakeland Hills Blvd. is from our postcard collection.

Special Collections has the History of Lakeland Regional Medical Center by Albert Marshall Hyde, M.D., 1996 (SCLK 975.967, H993) and a Cookbook (SCLK 641.59759, A943)

Materials in the collection are organized into two series: Morrell Memorial Hospital and Lakeland Regional Medical Center: