There Are No Festivities in Jail
Remember: Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
As you celebrate the holiday season enjoying traditions, food, family and fun, be reminded that Lakeland Police will be out this holiday season from December 10, 2014, to January 1, 2015, to arrest anyone caught driving drunk.
The message is simple, “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over.” Drinking alcohol and driving do not mix. If you plan to consume alcohol, you should also plan for a designated driver.
Millions of drivers on America’s highways still think they are invincible, and they choose to jeopardize their safety and the safety of others on our roads. Don’t let your 2014 holiday season end in an arrest or worse, death.
Lakeland Police Department recommends these simple tips for a safe holiday season:
• Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin;
• Before drinking, designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home;
• If you’re impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation;
• If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact your local law enforcement; and
• Remember, Drive Sober Or Get Pulled Over. If you know someone who is about to drive while impaired, take that person’s keys and help him or her make other arrangements to get home safely.