Lakeland Police Department will join law enforcement agencies across the nation in the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” Labor Day campaign. Officers will increase their patrols to specifically look for drunk drivers on our roadways. The stepped up enforcement runs from August 13, 2014 through Labor Day, September 1, 2014.
The Labor Day holiday is one of the deadliest times of the year for drunk drivers.
The Lakeland Police Department recommends these simple tips for a safe celebration:
• Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin.
• Before drinking, designate a sober, ‘non drinking’ driver.
• If you’re impaired, take a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation.
• If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to report drunk drivers, Call 911.
• And remember, Friends Don’t Let Friends Drive Drunk. If you know someone who is about to drive while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely.
For more information on the “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign, please visit www.TrafficSafetyMarketing.gov.