Impacts to Lakeland: Hurricane Irma | 9/15 - 2 PM Update
Lakeland, FL (September 15, 2017) Lakeland Electric reports that 9,700 customers are currently without power.
Areas with the Most Significant Damage
Lakeland Electric teams have identified the areas with the most significant damage which include:
- Lake Hollingsworth Area (Southwest side of the lake)
- Southgate Area (Beacon Road South to Imperial)
- Sylvester Road Area (West of 98 and between Sylvester and Crystal Lake Road)
Some customers in these areas, BUT NOT ALL, can expect 4 -5 more days without power. These areas affect approximately 2,000 customers.
If you are not on this list, expect to have power by the end of the day Sunday.
Please note: These are our best ESTIMATES at this time. If we encounter new issues, this timeline may change.
Major Areas of Restoration
Here is a list of all major areas where restoration is taking place at this time:
- Gib Galloway Road: Crews are working and expect to complete this job today.
- Marcum Road 98: We expect this to be completed today.
- Lincoln Avenue: Crews are working, but restoration will be ongoing.
- Old Polk City Road: This extensive rebuilding job is progressing, we expect to be completed Sunday.
- Polk City: Parts of the city were re-energized from Commonwealth Ave.
We are only able to power a limited load at this time. Polk City has been assessed. In the next two days, crews will begin making repairs in anticipation of power restoration from the distribution line at Old Polk City Road.
- Combee Area: We have crews working in this area.
- Hollingsworth Road: Crews are working and expect to complete this job today.
- Lunn Road Area: Crews continue working in this area.
- South Florida Avenue: Crews will be working today and expect to complete this job today or tomorrow.
- Brannen Road: Crews will be working today and expect to complete this job today or tomorrow.
Learn more about current outages and sign up for notifications here.