Weekly Roundup | April 1 - 7, 2018
The City Commission met on Monday, April 2nd. Here's how they voted.
City Commission Strategic Planning Workshop
On Tuesday and Wednesday, April 3rd & 4th, the City Commission, City Management, Department Heads and distinguished guests met to plan for fiscal year 2019.
Among the many topics discussed were commercial flights into and out of Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, a new 730-spot parking garage in downtown Lakeland and BIG Phase II plans for Lake Crago Park.
Do You Have the Time?
This beautiful clock was installed on Thursday, April 5th at the top of the Amphitheater at the Lake Mirror Complex and honors 100 years of The Lakeland Rotary Club. View pics here.
April Fools' Day
Welcome to the City of Redbug! Lakeland got a new name on Sunday April 1st. April Fools!
FLOSC: Cast Your Votes!
We need your vote to award the People's Choice Award for the 2018 Florida Outdoor Sculpture Competition on Lemon Street! Voting is SUPER easy! FIRST, browse through our FLOSC Facebook album featuring of the sculptures featured this year and LIKE your favorite. NEXT, share the album and encourage your friends to do the same! The sculptures are displayed along Lemon Street in Downtown Lakeland.
Under Construction• Public Works | Current, Ongoing & Recently Completed Projects
- • April 7th | Camp Blast: In-City Registration Opens
- • April 10th | Lunch & Learn: Microirrigation for Edible Gardens & Landscapes
- • April 10th | Workshop: Growing Perennials in the Home Landscape
- • April 12th | 2018 Boots 4 Literacy Chili Cook-Off
- • April 14th | Camp Blast: Open Registration
• April 14th | Se7en Wetlands Grand Opening