404 Imperial Blvd
Lakeland, FL 33803
The City of Lakeland organizes several different Athletic Leagues and events throughout the year. Below is a list of what Athletics are run during the year by season. For more specific information please click on the season.
The City of Lakeland has one major Athletic Program for kids
Season runs November through February
Kelly Recreation Youth Basketball Ages 8-15
Kelly Recreation Training League Ages 4-7
Simpson Park Community Center Ages 4-15
Many of the high quality youth and sports programs in the Lakeland area are handled by outside organizations not affiliated with the Parks and Recreation Department. The information in this area is updated as initial or new contact information is provided by the organizations. We make efforts to solicit appropriate contact information, but it is not always possible
The following Sports are available and located on the contact sheet:
Contact Sheet update 8/3/2012
Registration for the 2013 Spring Softball leagues has begun and is in FULL SWING!!!
Registration will end January 25th at 6:00pm. So register now before the leagues fill up.
All teams must be registered and paid in full by January 25th at 6:00pm. No exceptions!!!
2013 Spring Slow pitch-
Registration: January 1 - January 25
League Begins: Week of February 11 (10 games)
League Fee: $ 400.00
Mondays- Men’s A
Mondays- Men’s AA
Mondays- Men’s AAA
Tuesdays- Coed Rookie Recreational- 0 home runs
Tuesdays- Coed A
Tuesdays- Coed AA
Thursday- Men’s A
Thursday- Men’s AA
Thursday- Men’s Church League
To register go to www.lakelandathletics.net once you are there click on “Sports programs” and then the league you would like to register for. It will then take you to a page to enter your log in information or create a new account. If you have registered a team in the past, you already have an account please DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE. Hopefully, everyone remembers their user ID and Password from the previous seasons.
Ok, so what do you do if you don’t know your user name or password?
· User name: Call the Athletic Office 863-834-3283 and they will assist you.
· Password: Click on “Log in Help” and click the Password Recovery link. A new Password word will be sent to you via email. Now to log in use you new temporary password and your user name to access your account. Once you are into your account change your password to something that you will remember J
Once you have logged into your account you may complete the registration process. You may pay online with a credit card or choose to pay in person at the Kelly Recreation Complex. If you choose to pay in person only cash or check will be accepted. **Remember the $400.00 must be paid in full by January 25th at 6pm. **
Every team must register online in order to play in the 2013 Spring Softball season.
Here are a few things to keep in mind and will need when you (the Manager) are registering your team:
· Have your co-managers contact information available. (Full Name, Address, Ph # , email address)
· Roster- IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW WHO IS ON YOUR ROSTER!
You can update your roster while you are logged into your account. By clicking on “Roster”
ALL PLAYERS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
**you may have up to 18 players on your roster ** Please delete anyone who will not be playing on your team this season and add only the players that you will be using. You will need to know their full name and address in order to add them. You must have at least 8 players on your roster when you are registering your team.
· Special requests- If you have any special requests please type them in the “special request” box during your registration process. Due to the overwhelming amount of requests last season- there are NO GUARANTEES that your request(s) will be met. Requests for schedules to be “offset” with another team will not be granted.
If you need any further assistance or have any questions, please call the Athletic Department at 863-834-3283.