This section primarily provides survey support for the design, right-of-way acquisition, construction layout and as-built drawings on all City Capital Improvement Projects.
It also serves various other Departments other than Public Works including Police, Electric, Wastewater, Water, Parks and Recreation, Community Development and the City Attorney's office which may require topographic and boundary surveys or land title research.
The Survey Section consists of one to two office personnel using Microstation and AutoCAD software on a personal computer; the section also operates two survey crews utilizing state of the art equipment for electronic data collection in the field. The Survey Section is supervised by Lee Burton, P.S.M.; a state licensed Professional Surveyor Mapper.
Some of the services provided are:
1. Plat review and approval within corporate city limits submitted by developers. Some examples of notes can be found in
Subdivision Plat Notes
2. Maintain and densify the existing horizontal and vertical control network for use by the private sector engineering/surveying firms working within the Lakeland service territory.
3. Right-of-way information for the general public along roadways and alleys.
4. Constantly updating the Geographic Information System (GIS) with pavement and building location of new construction within the service territory for 911.
5. Storm and sanitary sewer inventory horizontal and vertical positioning.
6. Preparing legal descriptions for easements, right-of-ways and zoning.
For more information about the Survey and Mapping Section, please contact Lee Burton
at (863) 834-6244.