The City of Lakeland has scheduled a Public Meeting regarding a proposed cycle track along New York Avenue, from W Main Street to W Lime Street. This project will include the following elements as part of the project design:
- Modification of New York Avenue to include a two-way “cycle track” in the existing southbound lane, limiting vehicular traffic on New York Avenue to one-way northbound only
- Construction of a traffic separator between the bicycle lanes and northbound vehicular traffic
- Construction of streetscape, to include paver sidewalk and decorative street lighting along the west side of New York Avenue between W Main Street and W Orange Street.
- Conversion of the New York Avenue at W Lemon Street and New York Avenue at W Orange Street intersections from North-South stop-control to East-West stop-control
- Construction of an eight-foot wide pathway on the north side of Lime Street between Sikes Boulevard and S New York Avenue
- Enhanced landscaping along the north side of W Orange Street between the Sikes Boulevard on-ramp and S New York Avenue
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 18th, 2016 from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm in the City of Lakeland Commissioners' Chambers, located at 228 S Massachusetts Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33803.
This public meeting is being conducted to present the 60% design and to obtain input from elected and appointed officials, property owners/tenants, business owners/operators, and other interested parties. It will be conducted in an open-house format beginning at 6:00 pm. City Planners and Engineering Staff will be available to discuss the project, receive input, and answer questions. Display boards and other visual aids depicting the project will be available.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or family status. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 286.26, Florida Statutes, persons with disabilities needing special accommodation to participate in this proceeding, or those requiring language assistance (free of charge) should contact the City of Lakeland ADA Coordinator, no later than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the proceeding, at (863) 834-8447, Email: email@example.com. If hearing impaired, please contact the TDD numbers: Local – (863) 834-8333 or (800) 955-8771 (TDD – Telecommunications Device for the Deaf) or the Florida Relay Service Number (800) 955-8770 (VOICE), for assistance.
Please visit the City of Lakeland Public Works website at lakelandgov.net/publicworks/public-works/projects for more information regarding this project. Design-related information may be obtained by contacting the City of Lakeland Project Manager, Ron Laubach, P.E., at the contact information below.
For additional updates, follow the City of Lakeland Facebook page.
Ron Laubach, P.E. | 863/834-6031 | firstname.lastname@example.org