This page is under construction. Please check our Resources tabs on the COVID-19 page.
General Help/Assistance Databases:
- 211 & United Way of Central Florida
- Referral Services through 2-1-1: These include, but are not limited to: Childcare for frontline professionals, first responders, medical staff and essential employees -continued education, health and financial stability courses through remote platforms, bi-monthly food drops at 12 locations that represent food-insecure locations throughout our community. For the quickest response, text your zip code to 898-211.
- Community Resource Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities: While your health, safety, and wellbeing is the first priority; we are continuing to receive requests on ways our community can help through this time. Please visit our volunteer opportunities link for more information.
- Relief Funding
This database will help you find food, health, housing, employment programs, and other community resources in seconds.
Unemployment/Reemployment & Disaster Assistance
Food & Shelter/Rent Assistance/Financial Assistance
- CARE Program (City of Lakeland Residents)
Rent Assistance with verifiable loss of income due to COVID-19.
- Polk CARES (Polk County Residents)
Financial assistance for qualified Polk County residents and small business owners through Polk’s portion of the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act grant.
- United Way of Central Florida: End Hunger Initiative
Ending hunger in Polk, Hardee & Highlands Counties: Visit this site for the food distribution schedule and to find a pantry near you.
- Lighthouse Ministries
Shelter, Residential Services, Hope Centers, Thrift Stores
- School Lunch Dropoff Locations
Free meals for kids and teens
- VISTE: Volunteers in Service to the Elderly
Transportation, Hot Meals, Groceries, In-Home Care, Activities for the elderly; see: COVID-19 Updates
Free Internet for Students
How to Make Masks/Face Covers