Camp BLAST is the highly successful summer recreation program for elementary school-aged kids.
Camp Blast (Elementary school-aged summer enrichment program):
June 29 - July 31
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
No Camp Friday, July 3rd
$400 ($250 at time of registration + 2 payments of $75)
Payment Dates: June 22nd, July 6th
Participants MUST have completed kindergarten and not yet entered 6th grade.
Parents MUST verify the child’s age with a copy of the child’s most recent report card.
- Simpson Park Community Center, 1725 Martin Luther King Jr Ave
- Coleman-Bush Community Center, 1104 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave
- Kelly Recreation Complex, 404 Imperial Blvd - FULL
- Lake Mirror Complex (Auditorium), 121 S. Lake Ave
Safety Procedures to Help Curb the Spread of the coronavirus
- Campers need to bring:
- Mask (required on the bus and whenever else the parent would like for them to wear it)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Staff to camper ratio: 1 staff member to a maximum of 9 campers
- Staff will wear masks
- Staff will be trained on detailed cleaning and sanitizing expectations for each site/time of day.
- Proper PPE will be worn, to include masks, gloves, and aprons.
- Sites and all equipment will be sprayed down after each day’s use to sanitize for the next day.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations throughout the campsite.
- Handwashing breaks are scheduled throughout the program day.
- Recreation and socially distanced activities at campsites
- COL Park Trips
- Movies at Lake Mirror
- Swimming at Simpson Pool
- The facility will be only Camp Blast campers during use.
- Skates will be sanitized prior to campers’ use.
- Staff will be encouraging cleanliness and hand-washing throughout skating sessions.
- Bowling in our own lanes – at least two lanes away from any public.
- Equipment will be sanitized after each use.
- We have connected with the management at each field trip location and vetted their cleaning protocols to ensure that safety is the #1 priority.