Private Residences & Commercial Landscapes
Lawn (Turf, Sod or Grass) & Landscape (Garden Plants) Watering
- Addresses ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, or 8 may only water on Thursday and/or Sunday
- Addresses Ending in 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9 may only water on Wednesday and/or Saturday
- Properties with no discernible address such as entry was and common areas may only water on Tuesday and/or Friday
Rules to Follow
- The two day a week schedule above must be followed.
- Watering is allowed before 10 am or after 4 pm (but not both).
- Variances are available, through the Southwest Florida Water Management District, if a property proposes an alternate irrigation plan (such as splitting a large property into two pieces and assigning a different day to each piece). Download An Application
- Hand watering (with automatic shut-off device) or micro-irrigation of non-lawn landscaping is not currently restricted by day or times.
- These restrictions apply to private residences and to commercial landscapes.
All Water Uses
On August 1, 2017 the Modified Phase III Water Shortage per Rule 40D-21 declared by the Governing Board of the Southwest Florida Water Management District expired. On August 2, 2017 City of Lakeland Customers returned to the permanent Year Round Conservation measures listed above.
These restrictions apply to the use of water from public and private water utilities as well as the use of all wells and surface water sources (ponds, rivers, etc.).
This is only a summary. All water users should review Water Shortage Rules outlined in Rule 40D-22 of the Southwest Florida Water Management District.
For Additional Information
The Southwest Florida Water Management District has a toll-free line (800.848.0499) to provide answers to questions about water restrictions.
Information on water conservation is also available on the Southwest Florida Water Management District Website.