The Administrative Services Division falls under the command of the Chief of Police. This division is the "behind-the-scenes" section of the Lakeland Police Department. The areas covered by the Administrative Services Division include the Quartermaster, Facilities & Fleet, Personnel Services, and the Finance section, which is responsible for payroll and purchasing for the Department.
Additional areas with the Administrative Services Bureau include:
- Oversees the police department budget.
- Researches, plans, writes reports and maintains grants
- Creates, edits and publishes the Lakeland Police Department’s Annual Report
- Coordinates the annual staff day-away goal-setting session
- Collects and compiles data for the annual racial profiling report
- Responsible for recruitment and hiring of police officers.
Planning and Research
Facilities and Fleet
Recruitment, Hiring and Background Investigations