Major services provided are:
1. Design and project management for Capital Improvement Projects of roadway and stormwater facilities.
2. Obtain necessary permits for the design projects from agencies, such as Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD), Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP), Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), and Polk County.
3. Site plan review of private development projects, including subdivisions, apartment complexes and commercial establishments.
4. Review and approve right-of-way use permits for construction activities within the corporate City limits.
5. Inspect construction activities within the City maintained right of way.
6. Maintain City wide stormwater structures inventory.
7. Provide assistance to other City Departments with engineering support.
For more information about the Design and Permitting Section, please contact Ron Laubach, P.E., at (863) 834-6031.