Commercial projects are processed by the Building Inspection Division. The Public Works Engineering Division performs several inspections during the construction phase including a pre-construction meeting, interim site inspections, and a final inspection.
Public Works Engineering Inspectors shall be notified through the eTRAKiT or IVR system for a pre-construction meeting at least 48 hours prior to beginning any site construction activities.
The IVR system can be accessed by calling 863.213.0481.
eTrakit How To's
In case of difficulties with the TRAKiT or IVR systems, call 863.834.6012.
Public Works Engineering Inspectors perform inspections for driveways, public sidewalks, solid waste enclosures, erosion control, and other aspects of a project site. All work must comply with the City of Lakeland Engineering Standards Manual.
Below are some valuable resources to use during construction:
- General Conditions of Approval
- Driveway Details (FDOT Design Indexes 515, 1-7, for Turnouts and Driveways)
- Sidewalk Details (FDOT Design Indexes 310, 1-2, Concrete Sidewalk)
- Solid Waste Enclosure Details (City of Lakeland Design Indexes 800, 1-5, Vehicle Access and Enclosures)
- Erosion Control Details (State of Florida, Illustrations of Barriers, 15 pages)
- Bike Rack Details (City of Lakeland Design Index 900, 5 of 5, Bike Rack)
- Tree Protection Details (City of Lakeland Tree Protection Detail used during Construction and Land Alteration)
If you have any questions related to a driveway, solid waste enclosure, and/or erosion control please contact an inspector below, based on your project location, contact: