Lakeland Public Library
100 Lake Morton Drive, Lakeland, FL 33801
The Lakeland Public Library is a member of the Polk County Library Cooperative, an interlocal agreement between 13 municipalities with public libraries and the Board of County Commissioners, enabling all residents of the county, including those in the unincorporated area, to have library services.
The Lakeland Public Library opened in January 1927 on the shores of Lake Morton. Prior to that time the Woman's Club, organized in 1912, maintained a library city residents could use. On September 21, 1965, construction for a new building began and formal opening for the new library was on April 20, 1966. Through the decades, this building has been renovated and expanded to better serve the citizens of Lakeland.