Bill Mutz is an Indianapolis native graduating from Indiana University in 1976, majoring in Finance and Marketing. His family moved to Lakeland, FL, in 1996, and he became President of Lakeland Automall (Lakeland Ford, Mazda, Hyundai & Isuzu).
Mayor Mutz and his wife, Pam, a Denver native, have been married for 45 years and have 12 children. Comprised of seven boys and five girls, they also now have 31 grandchildren.
Lakeland Automall was sold in 2016, and Bill served as a Business Consultant with Claridge Associates before becoming the City of Lakeland’s Mayor in 2018.
Bill served on 21 not-for-profit or business boards and helped found Grace City Church. He has a passion for seeing successful life change in marriages and parenting. His foundational human relations goal is to strive to honor everyone. When this goal is accomplished, motivated people can engage in thriving environments where hopes and dreams maximize their potential.
This is a partial list of boards on which Bill is serving or has served:
- Past Chairman & Board Member – Lakeland Regional Health
- Trustee – Florida Southern College
- Past Campaign Chairman & Board Member – United Way of Central FL
- Past Board Member – Allen & Company
- Past Board Member – Citrus & Chemical Bank
- Past Board Member – Sargent & Greenleaf
- Board Member – Lakeland Chamber of Commerce
- Past President – VISTE (Volunteers in Service to the Elderly)
- Past Chairman – Lakeland Economic Development Council
- Past Chairman – LEDC High Skills-High Wage Council
- Past President & Current Board Member – Salvation Army
- Past Chairman – Lakeland Mid-Town Commercial Redevelopment Advisory Council
- Chairman – Lakeland-Linder Airport Advisory Board
- Past Chairman – Central Florida Speech & Hearing Center
- Past Chairman – Leadership Lakeland Class XXII
- Past Chairman – Lakeland BusinessVoice
- Advisory Council – Learning Resource Center
- Past Chairman – Lakeland Institute for Learning (an ESE Charter School)
- Board Member – People Like Us
- Foundation Board Member – Tri-County Human Services Foundation
Some Civic Awards Include:
- Living Legacy Award from Word Alive Ministries
- Inaugural Wilbur B. Dungy Father of the Year Award – Presented by Tony Dungy & AllProDads
- 2006 Jere Annis Leadership Award – Presented by Leadership Lakeland Alumni Association
- 2010 Community Service Leadership Award – Presented by Southeastern University
- George Jenkins Volunteer of the Year Award – Presented by United Way
- Four Way Test Award – Presented by The Lakeland Rotary Club