The Lakeland Fire Department is dedicated to maintaining the utmost level of emergency response services to the citizens of Lakeland. The department's superior level of integrity and sense of duty are what drive the department to maintain the high level of service the citizens of Lakeland have come to expect. Through reliable response and public safety awareness, LFD can always be counted on to reduce the loss of life and property in its community.
- LFD is an Advanced Life Support (ALS) non-transport department
- Has more than 200 employees
- Composed of 7 Fire Stations, an administration building, training center, and vehicle maintenance facility
- Has an 84 square mile response area made up by the City of Lakeland and portions of surrounding communities (unincorporated Lakeland through Outside Protection Agreements)
- In 2022 LFD responded to approximately 27,788 calls, performed nearly 4,989 inspections, reviewed 1,734 construction plans, and provided over 250 public education programs.
Commitment to Serve
A career in the fire service is not a job, it is a calling. The men and women that make up the Lakeland Fire Department are public servants committed to putting the needs of others before their own. The work of a firefighter is both physically and emotionally grueling and requires only the most dedicated individuals who can wholeheartedly keep to the department’s creed of Honor, Duty, Integrity, and Trust.
The Lakeland Fire Department is at the call and ready to be there for the people of its community when they need help the most. Potential applicants need to be able to meet and exceed the department’s expectations of outstanding moral character and servant leadership to ensure the health and well being of the people it serves.
How to Apply
The City of Lakeland is a drug-free work place and an equal opportunity employer. The Lakeland Fire Department utilizes the National Testing Network (NTN) and requires a Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) of all applicants. All interested applicants must apply through both the city of Lakeland’s NEOGOV process as well as the NTN. To apply when positions are available, visit the City of Lakeland Employment Services website.
Applications (when positions are available) are accepted daily between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM at the Office of Civil Service located at 500 North Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, FL.