Comments posted by others on our social media pages are not to be considered the opinion of the Lakeland Police Department nor does LPD endorse any third-party comments on this page.
While we welcome a person's right to express his/her opinion, we encourage posters to keep comments related to content on this page. Before posting on this page understand that by "LIKING" or "INTERACTING" with our page, you agree to the following terms:
- If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness in court proceedings.
- The acceptance of a friend invite between LPD members and a citizen does not indicate endorsement of that person's actions or comments.
- LPD reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the department.
- LPD reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate or offensive, including comments that:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others, including the Lakeland Police Department,
- include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity, name calling, spam or advertisements,
- contain false information,
- promote illegal activity,
- have personal information about another person or that violate a person's privacy interests,
- include copyrighted material belonging to another person,
- contain links and or video to third party websites.
Comments on this page will be monitored.