We're Here If You Need Us.
Like other first responders around the world, our team remains dedicated to providing reliable emergency services as we all deal with the evolving Coronavirus / COVID-19 situation.
Here is some important information about how the Lakeland Police Department is managing response during the Coronvirus/COVID-19 situation, and impacts to some of the department's non-emergency services:
- If you are experiencing an emergency, always dial 911. If you need to speak to an officer or have a non-emergency situation, please call 863.834.6966. Both lines are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our team of 911 Communications professionals will be ready to assist you.
- Until further notice, our records request office, located inside the station lobby, will be closed to walk-in customers. You can still request a copy of a police report or other records by calling 863.834.6936 or emailing lpdrecords@Lakelandgov.net. In most cases, reports can be faxed or emailed at no charge. Requests will be fulfilled during the normal business operating hours of Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- At this time, the station duty desk in the lobby remains available to those who need immediate assistance.
- Out of caution and as a preventative measure, the Lakeland Police Department has cancelled all public outreach programs, events, and station tours. No new programs will be scheduled for the foreseeable future, as the department continues to take steps to avoid further risk of transmission.
- 911 Dispatchers are working with our County 911 partners to ensure screening questions are asked to identify possible viral alerts. This information is being relayed to first responders so that they can take additional steps in protecting themselves when assisting patients.
- The department’s first responders are taking every precaution to ensure that the station, patrol cars and equipment are being sanitized and kept clean.
- The department’s leadership and emergency manager are working closely with leaders across the City of Lakeland. Collectively, they are closely monitoring the situation. Information is being evaluated hourly and guiding the decisions made that may impact Lakeland’s citizens and visitors.
The City of Lakeland, FL - Government has created a helpful online resource, where you can keep up with the latest information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact in #Lakeland. There is information about cancellations and closures, resources, prevention, and more!
For more information on Executive Order 20-91 "Safer At Home," click this document here.
Lakeland COVID-19 Resource:http://www.lakelandgov.net/…/emergenc…/coronavirus-covid-19/