The City of Lakeland provides housing rehabilitation services to income qualified homeowners. Due to tremendous demand, the Rehabilitation Program is administered through an applicant list which is opened as funds become available. For more information, or to check the status of the list, please contact the Affordable Housing Office at (863) 834-3360.
City of Lakeland Partners with
CDC of Tampa, Inc. to Offer
FREE Foreclosure Prevention Workshops
The City of Lakeland and CDC of Tampa, Inc. will be offering
FREE Foreclosure Prevention Workshops to assist homeowners in need. During these workshops, to be held at the Coleman-Bush building, attendees will learn about their options and programs available to assist homeowners facing default and foreclosure, including mortgage modification, Hardest Hit Fund, Making Home Affordable, etc. Preregistration is required by contacting the CDC of Tampa, Inc.
at (813) 231-4362. See workshop flyer.
Homeowners who were previously assisted through the City's home purchase assistance program, and who are attempting to refinance their first mortgage, first need the City of Lakeland to agree to subordinate its deferred second mortgage.
Though it is the City's general policy NOT to subordinate its Affordable Housing Mortgages, a waiver from the policy can be requested for...
- Emergency need arising from a natural disaster;
- Emergency housing repairs;
- Refinancing to lower the interest rate of the first mortgage if closing costs and/or fees are recovered within four (4) years;
- Refinancing for educational purposes; or
- Refinancing for medical emergencies.
Subordination requests will not be considered if...
- The interest rate on the new first mortgage exceeds the interest rate of the existing first mortgage;
- The cumulative loan-to-value ratio (CLTV) exceeds 100%;
- The applicant's front-end debt-to-income ratio exceeds 33%; or
- The applicant's back-end debt-to-income ratio exceeds 40%.
View the City's full Subordination Policy, or for more information, please contact the Affordable Housing Office at (863) 834-3360 or by email.