Gandy Pool features a 10 lane, 25-yard short course heated pool with a one-meter diving board and a 3-4 foot deep recreation pool. A handicap ramp at 0-depth and a hydraulic handicap lift chair is provided.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 5:30 AM - 7:00 PM*
*3:30 - 7:00 PM Lap lane space limited due to swim team practice
Tuesday & Thursday 5:30 AM - 3:00 PM**
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday & Thursday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM**
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Lap swim/Open swim
Special Closings & Hours:
Sunday, October 10 – Closed until 2:30 PM for The Vanguard: Fitness Competition in Lakeland, Florida (thevanguardcomp.com)
*Monday - Friday, 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM - Polk County High School swim team practice will utilize 5 lap lanes
** August 24 - October 15 – Gandy Pool will close to the public Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:00 PM for Polk County High School Swim meets
Safety Procedures to Help Curb the Spread of the coronavirus
- Wellness check
- All patrons’ temperatures will be taken prior to entering the building. If their temperature is above 100.4, they will not be allowed to enter.
- Bathrooms are cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- Lap Swim Area:
- 10 people can swim in the lap area with the following restrictions in place:
- 3 members of the same household can share a lane with circle swimming encouraged
- Start on opposite sides of pool
- Deck furniture has been spaced out to ensure physical distancing
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Lifejackets, kickboards, and pull buoys will be available for lap swim only and will be disinfected after each use
- Vending machines (Food and drink permitted in pavilion areas only.)
- Lockers for personal belongings
- Lap lanes (Time clocks available)
- Bleacher seating
- Shower/changing rooms
- Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs) available for checkout.
Sorry, no refunds due to inclement weather.
- $4 - One visit; Open/Lap Swim
- $40 - 20 Visits; Open/Lap Swim
- ACTIVITY PASS (Semi-Annual or Annual Pass) Covers Weight rooms, Cardio Rooms, Open Swim, Lap Swim, Open Tennis and any Health and Fitness Class with the in front of the class
Ages 14-59 (Individual) $200/$360
Ages 60 and up (individual) $170/$300
Family (Two adults up to the age of 59 living in same household plus any legal dependents) $450/$800