Traffic Operations will be installing temporary closure signs on behalf of Florida Department of Transportation at Carol Drive and State Road 33/Lakeland Hills Boulevard. This temporary closure is to improve intersection safety and reduce risk of crashes. The closure will be a temporary one until the construction project occurs in 2021.
- Modify the full median opening to a dual directional opening
- Uses "quick curb"
- Restricts left-turns out of Carol Drive to improve safety
- Drivers will continue to be able to make left- and U-turns from northbound and southbound Lakeland Hills Boulevard
- Permanent modification of the Carol Drive median opening to a directional, left- and U-turn only from northbound Lakeland Hills Boulevard
- Constructing a new directional median opening just north of E. Edward Street
- Drives will be able to make U-turns from southbound Lakeland Hills Boulevard
- Interim improvements expected construction is late 2017
- Ultimate improvements expected construction is Summer 2021
Questions regarding this project should be directed to David Wheeler, Florida Department of Transportation, at (863) 519-2378.